Are you fed up of unnecessary bugs and insects in your house , Then hold on let me help you with awesome home remedies hacks for bug infestation.
What is infestation first of all ????
The presence of an unusually large number of insects or animals in a place, typically so as to cause damage or disease
What is infection ?
An infection is the invasion of an organism’s body tissues by disease-causing agents, their multiplication, and the reaction of host tissues to the infectious agents and the toxins they produce.
Most common household bugs;
- Cockroaches ; Most common and nuisance causing mostly present in most household responsible for causing so many disease, commonly found in damp area of home specially kitchen and bathroom , come out in night i.e nocturnal is omnivorous in nature. Diseases caused by cockroaches are as follow leprosy, plague, cholera , dysentery , typhoid fever
2. Centipedes; Centipedes are common household bugs that are easy to identify due to their long, flattened, elongated bodies and numerous pairs of legs, two slender antennae, and two short tails commonly found in damp area , and have venomous bite and can cause great pain and agony
Toxin from the bite of centipedes can cause ischemia, anaphylaxis, neurotoxicity
3. Weevils; Weevils are tiny brownish beetles with a long snout , elbowed antennae, and some have hairy tufts on their oval backs. Weevils don’t bite and are generally harmless But they create nuisance in the pantry area . But they can become very easily carrier of many disease .
4. House fly ; Most commonly found and seen infestation in daily life whether food ,dirty laundry , dirty area or even us human beings😒. They can breed anywhere means literally anywhere . Also they are too dangerous for the mankind being the deadliest vector of all ,and responsible for transmitting diseases like Typhoid , Anthrax, Cholera, Salmonella, Tuberculosis and many more
5. Fruit fly; A fruit fly is a common tiny yellowish-brown flying household bug with an oval body, red eyes, short legs, and little wings. Mostly seen in kitchen and in rotten fruits , trash can & in pet food . They are generally the carrier of so many disease like Salmonella, E.coli & listeria.
6. Mosquitoes; Mosquitoes are blood-sucking, flying bugs that are common in homes. They have slender brown bodies, long legs, and tiny wings. They can breed anywhere they just need water whether it’s running , or stagnant water according to there so many form of species and can grow in really a havoc manner. Malaria by them is such a great trouble for whole society , zika , dengue & many more .
7. Ants; Ants are one of the most common household bugs that are found in every climate. If you’ve ever had an ant infestation, you are familiar with how these tiny creatures are able to get into every and cracks corner in your house. Even its bite is also so painful and they invade home when there is cold and wet outside . They are considered vector for Salmonella, Staphylococcus, Clostridium and Streptococcus.
7 home remedies ways to get rid of bugs;
- Vinegar & water ; Combine a mix of half white vinegar and half water in a spray bottle. Spray this on any ants you come across. Then wipe up the area. The vinegar will overwhelm the ant’s sense of smell and they will not return
- Fruit trap: This trap targets fruit flies, but can work with other varieties. Cut a piece of fruit about one inch thick. Place it in a bowl so that the cut side is facing up. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and secure it with tape or a rubber band. Use a toothpick to poke holes in the top and then let it a secluded area of the kitchen.
- Catnip: This plant creates a strong smelling oil that cockroaches hate. Fill small satchels with fresh catnip or cotton balls that have nepetalactone essential oil on them. Place these satchels in places you’ve seen the roaches.
- Turmeric & lemon water: Maintaining hygiene is the most important step to avoid bugs like house fly & fruit fly. Applying turmeric & lemon water in the affected area , Curcumin present in the turmeric will irritate the bugs example, weevils,
- Oil : For mosquitoes who breed due to water collection , put some regular oil, oil will get collected on the surface as larva are surface feeder it will kill the larva
- Insectivorous fish : Fish like gambusia they eat the larva of mosquitoes hence help in decreasing their population.
- Insects traps : For insects like Cockroaches , centipedes Traps are best , collecting all then throwing them and then disinfecting the infested area .
Now a days so many pharmaceutical products are available in the market , that at some extent can easily de bug your house and outside area . But better to go with the natural remedies till manageable otherwise take expert help . I will end this article with the beautiful quote “Prevention is better than cure “
So Stay healthy and keep everyone healthy 😍😘